Once I have registered, How long can I remain on the active list?
Your registration period with ISO Job Board lasts for two years, or until you find a job (whether through us or not), whichever comes first. If you are not “actively” looking for a position within those two years or are under contract, we will temporarily move your file to our archive status until you are available and looking for a position again.
What if my account expires? Should I create a new account?
Before completing a new online application form, you should first try to access your previous account by clicking on “retrieve username/password” found on the login section on the home page and follow the instructions from there.
How long will it take to become a fully registered Candidate?
Much of this will depend on how long it takes you to complete the application (some candidates complete it all at once and others take days or even weeks.) It will also depend on how quickly your referees complete the online confidential references. The application can be completed at your leisure as you can save changes at any time and go back and continue your work. If you choose to complete the application all at once, it should not take more than 30 minutes as long as you have all of the information you need readily available. The longest part of the process is waiting for your referees to complete the online confidential references. Some referees complete the forms quickly, but others take much longer. On average, it may take a few weeks but can certainly be done sooner.
How quickly will I get a response from Job Board?
As much or as little contact as you require. While most candidates are comfortable with the electronic registration process and independently using the database to connect with schools to secure jobs, some candidates communicate frequently with us (via email, Skype, telephone, and sometimes in person) throughout the process. We are always here to support you and are just an email or phone call away. In addition, we do our best to respond to your communication by the end of the following business day if not sooner! We are never far from our laptops, no matter where we are.
Once I complete the application process, Am I guaranteed an offer or Job Board Candidate?
There is no guarantee we will accept you as a candidate once you complete the application. Acceptance will be based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, your teaching preferences, your flexibility, certification, education background, the strength of confidential references, number of dependents and more. Once we thoroughly reviewed your complete file, we will notify you as soon as possible.
How do I become a fully registered Candidate with JobBoard?
In order to be considered for membership with JOB BOARD, you will need to complete all of our pre-screening requirements before we can activate your profile in our database.
- Complete and submit your online application. This is the first step in becoming an active candidate with ISO Job Board.
- Acceptance of Terms and Condition. You will be asked to carefully read, sign and submit an agreement with Job Board which will be provided during the application process. The agreement will also be available on your candidate dashboard once you create a log-in account.
- Completion of Confidential Questions. You will be asked to complete a series of confidential questions that will only be seen by an advisor. The confidential questions will be provided during the application process.
- Contractual Obligations to Schools: You will be asked to thoroughly review, sign and submit an agreement outlining your obligations to a school once you accept an offer either verbally or in writing.
- Online Confidential References. We require a minimum of three online confidential references to be completed by your referees. The detailed information regarding these references will be found on your candidate dashboard page once you have successfully submitted your online application.
- Send Registration Fee (Database User Fee). Your registration fee should be paid directly from the website and must be received before we can activate your profile. However, you will be directed to pay your registration fee once you fill the application.
What is the best timing for the Job process?
Vacancies occur throughout the year, and it is possible to secure a position at any time. However, to have an opportunity to apply for the greatest number of positions that are suitable for you, you should try to follow this schedule:
August: Complete your application and be accepted for registration a full year before you would begin employment at most international schools. For example, if you are looking for a position for the 2016 – 2017 school year, you should start the registration process roughly in August 2015.
September: Use this website to familiarize yourself with the database and to start receiving email notifications as jobs become available.
October: Be sure your resume is both up-to-date and professional.
November: Keep contacting schools of interest. Continue to communicate with schools!
Moving Forward: Think of the job search as a process that will probably take months, not a single event like a fair or interview. Perseverance and flexibility will lead to a position that is right for you.