Teaching in an international school is one of the best-kept secrets in the teaching profession. Thousands of candidates take their first position abroad thinking that it will be their last. Although this is true for some, many teachers make international education a career choice which opens up new horizons filled with excitement, discovery and fulfillment.
REASONS TO TEACH INTERNATIONALLY
- Enjoy the stimulus of developing your professional career in exciting new places.
- Experience the richly varied world of international schools, with English as the language of instruction, small class sizes, motivated students and high standards.
- Work in fascinating and diverse multicultural environments ranging from host country schools to schools catering mainly for expatriates—and everything in between.
- Become part of a team of energized and highly competent international teachers.
- Broaden your knowledge and experience through adapting to life and work in a different community and culture.
- Make a difference in the lives of global children.
- Live comfortably with the potential for significant savings. International schools will usually offer attractive (and in many places tax-free) salaries and many other benefits such as housing, annual home leave with round-trip airfares, health insurance and so on.
- Enjoy an attractive lifestyle and unparalleled opportunities for travel.
The world of international education is steadily growing and with it the demand for high-quality teachers with the appropriate skills, enthusiasm and commitment. Teaching overseas is an excellent career choice and one that could positively transform your life.
Teaching overseas is an excellent career choice and one that could positively transform your life.