HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO HAVE AN APPLICATION APPROVED?
Generally a few weeks. Once your application is received, the School Coordinator and the Executive Management Committee review the information. The review process may lead us to ask for more information (for example, aspects of the school’s operation, salary/benefits packages, etc.). Once we have the information needed, we will do our best to activate your school as quickly as we can. If you are hoping to recruit at a particular job fair, you should submit the application well in advance. However, if we can expedite a school’s application we will certainly do our best, but only after we have received all of the requested information.
WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA FOR DETERMINING IF A SCHOOL IS APPROVED?
Generally, we look for the following criteria when reviewing a school application:
- Appropriate salaries and benefits compared to other reputable international schools around the world (for example, allowing staff to live comfortably, travel during the holiday periods and still generate financial savings)
- Housing or housing allowance (unless housing costs are adequately covered by the salary)
- Round-trip flights/travel allowance
- Health insurance (preferably worldwide)
- Annual (or biennial) home leave
- Free tuition at the school for teachers’ children
- Supportive professional work environment
OUR SCHOOL IS NOT REGISTERED WITH ISO JOB BOARD BUT WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND A JOB FAIR. HOW CAN I REGISTER FOR A FAIR?
All of our job fairs are by invitation only and invitations are only issued to those schools who are fully registered with us. If you wish to attend a job fair, you would first need to submit an online application found on “get started” for schools. Once your application is received, it may take a few weeks to approve, so we encourage you to begin the process early so that you have a better chance of securing an invitation to a job fair.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS OF ATTENDING A JOB FAIR AND TO WHOM ARE THE FEES PAID?
Each job fair organizer sets attendance fees. Fees will differ because the cost of running a fair varies greatly from city to city. Fees are charged for each recruiter attending from any particular school. Recruiters are responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs. Please visit the job fair page for further information.
WHAT HAPPENS IF OUR SCHOOL HIRES CANDIDATES AT DIFFERENT FAIRS?
Each fair organizer sends the school a separate invoice, each one payable to the designated fair organizer’s office.